The mission of the United States Embassy is to advance the interests of the United States, and to serve and protect U.S. citizens in Hungary.
Under the leadership of the Ambassador, the Embassy provides a number of services to Americans, Hungarian and other international people:
- Explains and advocates the position of the United States Government and its citizens on bilateral and multi-lateral political, economic and social issues.
- Works to ensure the security and well-being of U.S. citizens in Hungary, and grants visas to Hungarian citizens and other foreign nationals.
- Reports to the United States Government Hungarian views on issues affecting American interests.
- Promotes the expansion of American exports in Hungary, advocates open markets, and assists American businesses in establishing commercial links in Hungary and the EU.
- Facilitates cultural and educational exchange between the United States and Hungary.