Last Updated on 10/05/2010
All non-immigrant visa applicants are required to complete the online application form (DS-160). The DS-160 form replaces the DS-156, DS-157 and the DS-158 paper application forms.
Once the DS-160 form is completed online, the information will be electronically transmitted. The applicant must then print the confirmation page that includes some biographical information and a bar code confirmation number.
Instructions for completing the online Non-Immigrant Visa Application:
Please have your passport, previous visa information (if applicable), and any other documents relevant to your intended travel to the United States ready and available for your reference before you start the application process.
Visit the CEAC homepage.
Once you have completed the visa application, we recommend saving a copy for your records.
- Enter the information completely and correctly into the appropriate spaces, including selecting the appropriate visa type. Please answer all questions. Your answers must be in English and must use English characters. Letters like é, ü, ú are not recognized by the system. Please enter your name as it appears in the data page. Please note, the field "Full Name in Native Alphabet" only applies to languages not using the Roman alphabet.
- Review the information you entered for accuracy. If the DS-160 online application has not been completed fully and accurately, the applicant will be requested to return for a second interview with a newly completed application. Significant errors or information marked as "N/A", "Nil", etc. may result in your application being rejected at the time of your interview.
- Print the confirmation page.
- Bring the confirmation page with you at all steps during the visa application process.
During the application process, the photo of the applicant must be uploaded.
If the uploaded photo is not accepted, you will be given the option to continue the application without a photo. In this circumstance, you must bring a printed photo which meets the requirements to your interview, with the printed confirmation page.
Visa Information and Appointments:Appointments can only be made by calling the following telephone numbers:
• From Hungary: 06-90-603-703 (weekdays 8:00 a.m.-06:00 p.m.; each call costs HUF 400 + VAT/minute). This telephone number is only available inside Hungary, from landline phones and from all cellular networks (Vodafone, Telenor and T-Mobile). There is no access to it from telephone booths.
• From the United States: +1-703-439-2314; from 8:00 a.m. to 06:00 p.m. CET. The cost is USD 18/call. Payment is possible via Visa or Mastercard.
• If you would like to schedule an appointment from a third country, you may need to ask a relative, a friend or a business partner in Hungary or in the U.S. to make the call for you.
Before calling for appointment, please review the information on our Scheduling a Visa Interview page!