Last Updated on 12/05/2013
Thank you for visiting the web site of the U.S. Embassy in Budapest.
Embassy operating hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. but some sections within the Embassy may have different hours. All offices are closed on Saturday, Sunday, and on American and Hungarian holidays.
Embassy of the United States of America
Szabadság tér 12
- During office hours: (36-1) 475-4400 (Local time: GMT +1)
- After-hours emergency calls -- for American citizens only: (36-1) 475-4400
- (36-1) 475-4764
If you have specific questions or comments, you may wish to contact the appropriate section listed below:
Agricultural Section: email@example.com
Commercial Section: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Non-Immigrant Visa Unit (visa-free travel/ESTA, how to apply, visa types, I-94, FAQ, etc.)
- Immigrant Visa Unit (application requirements, visa types, visa lottery, green card, etc.)
- U.S. Citizens Services (passport, birth registration, marriage and divorce, consular services, taxes, living in Hungary, services and resources, etc.)
- U.S. Citizens Services Warden Registration Information (registering with the Embassy, security and safety, warden messages, security and safety information for American tourists, etc.)
- Federal Benefits Unit (pensions, Social Security Number, etc.)
Human Resources Office:
Information Resource Center:
- Information about the United States: history, foreign policy, politics, society, culture, etc.
PLEASE NOTE: We do NOT answer inquiries concerning visas, immigration, and citizenship matters. Please send all such inquiries to the appropriate office of the Consular Section (see listing above).
Public Affairs Section (Press and Information Office; Cultural Affairs Office): PA@usembassy.hu
Regional English Language Office: email@example.com
If you cannot find a section that matches your inquiry or comment, please send your message to the Webmaster (firstname.lastname@example.org), who will be happy to forward it to the appropriate section of the Embassy.
Please also address technical questions or comments on the design of the web site to the Webmaster.
This web site is produced and maintained by the Public Affairs Section at the Embassy of the United States of America in Budapest, Hungary.
Please e-mail the Webmaster with comments regarding problems with our web site and suggestions on how we can improve it.
We regret that we are unable to respond to U.S. visa inquiries from this mailbox.
For a detailed list of Embassy contact information, please see the information above.