Key Business Links
Last Updated on 04/12/2016
U.S. Government Links
- Department of Commerce: The Commerce Department's mission is to help make American businesses more innovative at home and more competitive abroad. Comprised of 12 different agencies responsible for everything from weather forecasts to patent protection, the Commerce Department touches the lives of Americans every day. The U.S. Department of Commerce offers several services to aid U.S. businesses seeking to address business-related corruption issues.
- Export.gov: Export.gov brings together resources from across the U.S. Government to assist American businesses in planning their international sales strategies and succeed in today’s global marketplace.
- Export-Import Bank of the United States: The Export-Import Bank of the United States (Ex-Im Bank) is the official export credit agency of the United States. Ex-Im Bank's mission is to assist in financing the export of U.S. goods and services to international markets. Ex-Im Bank enables U.S. companies — large and small — to turn export opportunities into real sales that help to maintain and create U.S. jobs and contribute to a stronger national economy.
- National IPR Center: The National Intellectual Property Rights Coordination Center (IPR Center) stands at the forefront of the U.S. government’s response to global intellectual property (IP) theft.
- Office of the United States Trade Representative: The Office of the U.S. Trade Representative (USTR) is responsible for developing and coordinating U.S. international trade, commodity, and direct investment policy, and overseeing negotiations with other countries. The head of USTR is the U.S. Trade Representative, a Cabinet member who serves as the president’s principal trade advisor, negotiator, and spokesperson on trade issues.
- Overseas Private Investment Corporation: The U.S. Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC) has operated in Hungary since October 1989, offering U.S. investors financing through direct loans or guarantees, political risk insurance, and capital for private equity funds. OPIC helps U.S. companies compete in new markets and developing countries when traditional lenders or financing is not available.
- United States Patent and Trademark Office: The United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) is the Federal agency for granting U.S. patents and registering trademarks.
- The U.S. Small Business Administration: The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) is an independent agency of the federal government to aid, counsel, assist and protect the interests of small business concerns, to preserve free competitive enterprise and to maintain and strengthen the overall economy of the U.S.
- AmCham Hungary: The American Chamber of Commerce in Hungary (AmCham) is a non-governmental, non-political and financially independent organization representing the interest of its close to 450 members from 23 different countries. Since its inception in 1989 AmCham Hungary has become the largest AmCham in Central and Eastern Europe.
- Government of Hungary: The website is the official information homepage of the Government of Hungary, constantly updated with the latest news, events and multimedia coverage concerning the cabinet’s activity. In addition to this, the Documents section contains information material that the government must publish according to law, as well as other publications of interest to citizens.
- Hungarian Investment Promotion Agency (HIPA): Established by the Hungarian government, commenced its operation as of 7 January 2013 as the successor of the Hungarian Investment and Trade Agency (HITA). The task of the Agency is to encourage foreign companies to invest in Hungary, while also engaging in supplier network establishment. HIPA is a central agency working under the direction of the Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade and an independently operating budgetary institution with its own financial management.
- Hungarian National Trading House (MNKH): Established by the Hungarian government, commenced its operation as of 7 January 2013 as the successor of the Hungarian Investment and Trade Agency (HITA) as a state-owned Ltd. The Company is charged with export-promotion activities and the representation of Hungarian business interests abroad.
- Joint Venture Association: The Joint Venture Association's objective is to collect the views and ideas of its membership on problems of business conduct, and to take care of their interest towards decision-making organizations and institutions. By pursuing this target, JVA contributes to the forming of an economic/social environment in order to enhance the European as well as international integration of the Hungarian economy, the further influx of foreign direct investment and the diffusion of favorable foreign experience in Hungary.
- Hungarian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade: The website is the official information homepage of the Hungarian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, constantly updated with the latest news and events concerning the ministry’s activity.
- Hungarian Intellectual Property Office: The Hungarian Intellectual Property Office is the government office responsible for the protection of intellectual property