U.S. Citizen Services
Overview of American Citizen Services and Contact Information
Last Updated on 04/26/2013
- Changes in FBU contact information
- Demonstration Information Webpage
- Worldwide Caution (February 19, 2013)
- Regular hours (8 a.m.-5 p.m.) calls: (36-1) 475-4164
- After-hours (5 p.m.-8 a.m.) emergency calls: (36-1) 475-4400
- Appointment System for American Citizen Services
Please make your appointment before you visit the Consular Section. (more about the Appointment System)
To make an appointment regarding Social Security benefits please call the (36-1) 475-4453 phone number.
Overview of Services
The American Citizen Services (ACS) Section provides assistance with U.S. passports, Reports of Births Abroad to U.S. Citizens, Reports of Death, voting abroad, notary services, Federal Benefits, and a few other, specialized consular services, such as repatriation loans, prison visits to incarcerated Americans and welfare and whereabouts queries. ACS cannot act as your travel agent, bank, interpreter, employment office, lawyer, investigator or law enforcement agent, or assist with personal legal, medical, etc., matters. However, ACS can tell you how to receive help on these and other matters. Should questions arise while browsing through this guide, do not hesitate to contact us.
American Citizen Services, U.S. Embassy
Szabadság tér 12.
- After-hours (5 p.m.-8 a.m.) emergency calls: (36-1) 475-4400. An Embassy Duty Officer will be on call to handle emergencies.
- Toll-free number for the Overseas Citizen Services if calling within the U.S.: 1-888-407-4747.
Callers who are unable to use toll-free numbers, such as those calling from overseas, may reach the hotline by calling 1-317-472-2328 or 1-202-501-4444.
- (36-1) 475-4113/4188
- General e-mail: email@example.com
(For visa questions see e-mails below.)
- Warden registration: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Federal Benefits Unit: email@example.com
- Tourist and other non-immigrant visa questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Immigrant visa questions: email@example.com
- Monday-Thursday 9 a.m.-12 p.m. and 1 p.m.-4 p.m.
- Friday 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
- A person with a lost or stolen passport may come in at any time during business hours.
- ACS is closed on Hungarian and American holidays.